Reopening May 18th
To our wonderful patients,
We hope you and your families are healthy and well. The Covid-19 pandemic has affected the lives of all of us over the last two months. We all wonder how we will resume our normal habits and routines safely, including dental care.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you have seen during your visits to our office.
We follow all ADA, CDC, OSHA guidelines. You will see additional safeguards when it is time for your next appointment. All of them are designed to further protect our patients and staff and mitigate risk.
- Our office will communicate with you before you visit our office to ask some screening questions. We will ask you to wait for your appointment in the car. We will take your temperature and you will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Governor Northam has permitted dental practices to open, starting May 1st. We are, however, using the coming weeks to continue our preparation for reopening to normal dental care. Changes to our facility, acquisition of new supplies, and staff training for our “new normal” are ongoing.
We will be reaching out to schedule patients during the week of May 11-15, with the office opening for normal care(non-emergency) on May 18th. We will be proceeding initially with a “soft” opening, seeing fewer patients daily.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient safe in our practice. If you had an appointment that was affected by our closure or you have an appointment pending, we will be reaching out to you starting May 12th. If you need to make an appointment, please call our office at 973 4355 or visit our website at www.Charlottesvilledental.com starting on May 12th.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Drs Gary and Zach