Dr. Gary Haines
Dr. Gary Haines has practiced family and restorative dentistry in Charlottesville, Virginia since 1979. His practice philosophy reflects the continuum taught at the Pankey Institute for advanced dental education. Dr. Haines’s goal is to develop trusting relationships with patients, allowing him to provide comprehensive and individualized optimal care. The technical skills he has honed over the years allow him to produce quality dentistry that has predictable and long lasting results.
- Knowing his patients and then treating them appropriately
- Surgical microscope usage: Dr. Haines uses advanced optics to perform most of his procedures
- Restorative and Aesthetic dentistry
- CEREC: computer-generated, one- appointment porcelain restorations
- Classic gold dental work: nothing is as durable and long- lasting
- Implant dentistry: crowns, bridges and dentures that are supported by implants
- Dentures: The art of complete denture fabrication is a special interest for Dr. Haines. An in-office lab and knowledge in the Massad and Turbyfill techniques help create comfortable functional and esthetic results.
- TMJ /Bite Problems: Dr. Haines’ knowledge and experience can help guide the TMJ/facial pain patient in their search for appropriate treatment.
- Sedation Dentistry: Most patients use less of the available sedation methods after they find out how gentle Dr. Haines is in performing dentistry. It’s nice to have a dentist who has sensitive teeth himself and understands the fear of the anxious patient.
- University of Virginia School of Arts and Sciences
- Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry
- Two year General Practice Residency University of Virginia
- Pankey Institute for advanced dental education (350+ hours)
- Endless continuous post graduate courses
Dr. Haines has happily lived in Charlottesville, Virginia since his college days. He has three children who share his love for the outdoors and sporting recreation. Gary has climbed mountains in Europe, Alaska and South America, enjoying the expedition life in remote areas of the world. Backpacking, hiking and snowboarding are his current passions. He is a current state record holder for the largest skydive formation ever accomplished over Virginia skies and has completed over 2,500 parachute jumps. Gary still jumps on occasion to keep his license current and to enjoy the sensation that only leaving a plane in flight can give. Two out of his three kids were excited to jump with their dad (one had more common sense). An avid health-nut, Dr. Haines is a regular at 5:30 a.m. at ACAC for weight training and cardio activity five days a week. His greatest pride besides his family, coworkers and patients is his dental office and its state-of-the-art equipment and inviting décor. He is personally responsible for the care of the many plants in the rooms, solarium and entrance area as well as the feeding of the birds and squirrels that play outside the reception room windows.