Dr. Zach Paukert
Education: San Angelo Central High School, San Angelo, TX, Austin College, Sherman, TX B.A., University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, D.D.S., United States Army Residency, Fort Polk, NC, AEGD 2 Year Certification
- 2012-2017 Residency Director/ Officer in Charge, US Army DENTAC Fort Jackson, SC
- May 2009-November 2009 Chief of Dental Services 10th CSH Hospital, Forward Operating Base Delta Iraq
- July 2008-July 2012 Officer in Charge US Army DENTAC, Fort Polk LA
- Army AGD Secretary
- US Army Dental Corps Futures Special Working Group
- Board Examiner American Board of General Dentistry
- Army Consultant to American Dental Association National Committee on the New Dentist
- Member of the Dental Corps Executive Committee
- American Student Dental Education-Editor-in-Chief
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Dental School Admissions Interviewer
- Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Iraqi Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal
- AGD Fort Bragg Award for Outstanding Resident Research
- Delta Dental Outstanding Leadership Award
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Foundation Dental Student Scholarship
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Stephen F. Austin Scholarship for an Outstanding Student and Research Fellowship in History, Austin College
- Robert Bradshaw Scholarship for Outstanding Leadership at Austin College
- Eagle Scout-Boy Scouts of America
- Dr. Zachary Paukert is a native Texan excited to be settling in Charlottesville after a life of moving. He graduated dental school from the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio with Honors in Teaching.
Coming from a military family, he felt a strong commitment to serve in the Army. Dr. Paukert began his military career with a 2-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency at Fort Bragg, NC. Dr. Paukert then moved to Fort Polk, LA where he also served a deployment to Iraq. His most recent assignment was to Fort Jackson, SC where he culminated his Active Army Career as the Director of a 12-month Dental Residency. Dr. Paukert continues to serve his nation as a MAJ in the Virginia National Guard. Dr. Paukert is excited to find his professional home at Charlottesville Dental Health Partners where he knows he can focus on quality dentistry that address patient needs and desires.
Dr. Paukert believes excellence in dentistry demands lifelong learning. He is a board certified by the American Board of General Dentistry and a Fellow in the Academy of the General Dentistry. Furthermore, he believes in continued service to the profession. Dr. Paukert has served on numerous organized dentistry roles including the ADA Council on Communications, the ADA Committee on the New Dentist, and as a editor-in-chief for a national publication. Dr. Paukert is a published author who has given lectures on a myriad of topics including restorative dentistry, dental materials, CEREC digital dentistry training, esthetics, and pediatric dentistry.
Dr. Paukert is married to his high school sweetheart and swimming teammate, Martina. Martina is a native from Virginia and a Social Worker continuing to serve Military Service Members. Together they have three young children. Martina, a minster’s daughter, and Zach a former deacon in the church, place their faith as central to their life and family. Zach cherishes time spent with family, whether playing at home, swimming, or exploring the area. He also enjoys cooking, especially smoking meat (with pecan of course) and woodworking. Zach is looking forward to serving the community through Charlottesville Dental Health Partners and growing as a family in Albemarle County.